This year I participated in the The 4th Annual Great Food Blogger cookie Swap! There were 566 participants who shipped over 20,000 cookies around the world, and raised a whopping $12,335 for Cookies For Kids’ Cancer!
I can not imagine the amount of coordination that goes into putting an event like this together but Lindsey from Love and Olive Oil and Julie from The Little Kitchen do an outstanding job! How it works: You receive the names of three food bloggers who you will send your yummy cookie creations too. In return, you receive three boxes of cookies from three different bloggers. I’ll tell ya, it’s pretty great when you get these cookies on your porch! If interested for next year, you can sign up here.
I received :
Chocolate Dipped Nutella Cookies from Floating Kitchen
Peanut Butter Date Streusal Bars from Its Okay to Eat the Cupcake
Chewy Mocha Toffee Chip Cookies from Grumpys Honeybunch
I wish I would have taken photo’s, they were all beautiful and delicious! Next year there will be photos!
For my cookie I tried to come up with something that could take the US mail and not arrive in broken little cookie shards….and let’s face it…3 ingredients? I got 3 ingredients – how easy peasy huh?
There are a million and one ways to fancy these cookies up and my original plan was to dip them in chocolate…but my chocolate was not cooperating so we went bare nakie. Probably better given that they were going from Seattle to Tucson, Chicago and Pittsburgh. That’s a long road for a cookie!
Truly enjoyed being part of The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year and am already planning for next year!
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie baking sheet with Silpat liner or parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add flour and mix well. Dough will be sticky but continue to mix until forms a soft and smooth texture.
- Roll out to ¼ inch and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 14-16 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing.