This is dairy free! I just wanted to say that first up. It is a true vinaigrette. I simply used a blender to make it all creamy and stuff. Who doesn’t like creamy and stuff?
Lemon, garlic, dijon and olive oil. The dijon is a natural emulsifier and brings it all together…without separating, even after being stored in the refrigerator. It’s a food miracle!
As Mr. LS and I work though our annual January healthy eating
torture plan, we find we really miss our creamy salad dressings. We wanted something heart healthy, dairy free with a lot of zing. This has all those components plus it’s creamy, plus it’s Paleo and Whole30 compliant. But mostly, it just tastes good.
All I did was take my fave vinaigrette recipe and toss it in the blender. Whiz, whiz and boom! 3 minutes later, I have some yummy dressing! The variations are endless. Change up the citrus, change up the herbs, add a fresh tomato, similar to my Tomato Vinaigrette. Whiz, whiz and boom! I’m starting to like that….whiz, wh….oh you get it.
I’ve got a great Raspberry Vinaigrette as well…wondering if you can whiz whiz boom that? Probably…why not? It has dijon in it…whiz away!
- A blender or immersion blender works best to get this emulsified so it’s super creamy.
- I used apple cider vinegar as I like the kick it gives but you can sub your fave vinegar.
- I used extra light olive oil. It is my favorite for salad dressings but you can sub what you have on hand.
- 1 large clove garlic - chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup extra light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend for 15 seconds.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week.