- Welcome to Laughing Spatula! My name is Kathi and I love food! I love to order it, cook it, read about it, look at it and of course eat it! I have no professional training other than my love of food…but for some, that is enough. I am a retired Executive Assistant who worked for Alaska Airlines and Starbucks Corporate in Seattle. I turned full time food blogger in 2015 and am having the time of my life! 50 is the new 30 for this girl!
- My recipes are Healthy, Simple and Fresh. I do my best to maintain a healthier type lifestyle and my recipes are reflective of that. But I struggle with my weight and maintaining my ‘fun vs. life’ balance. I like to say I’m 80/20. 80 percent healthy eating and 20 percent wine and cookies. I do love me some wine and cookies!
- My husband Marty and I live just south of Seattle. We spend our weekends leaving butt prints on bar stools and restaurant chairs all over this city. (mmmm, could be a culprit in the weight struggle..ya think?). We have a passion for the Pike Place Market where we forge for fresh ingredients to make whatever dish sounds good at the moment.
- We have a lovely daughter, Rachel who recently married the man of our dreams :). We are so happy to have Greg join our little family! (and are Seattle weddings beautiful or what!).
- Thank you for stopping by and I do hope you will visit often. There is bound to be a laugh or two!
Laughing Spatula has recently been featured on :
NBCNEWS.com – Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa
Buzzfeed – Chicken Fajitas
Eathis.com – Salmon Fajitas
Huffington Post – Feta Crusted Salmon
Buzzfeed.com – Eggs Benedict Casserole
California Avocado Recipe Contest – 1st Place for Chicken Avocado Burger
MSN.com – Chicken Avocado Burgers
MSN.com (second time) – Chicken Avocado Burgers
Redbookmag.com – Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Sandwiches
Buzfeed.com – Chicken Avocado Burger
FitnessMagazine.com – Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Sandwiches
BuzzFeed.com – Marshmallow Vodka
CountryLivingMagazine.com – Chicken Avocado Burgers
Readersdigest.com – Chicken Avocado Burgers – again!
BuzzFeed.com – Pumpkin Crunch Muffins
BuzzFeed.com – Baked Egg Boats