Note to self: If one wants to be a successful food blogger, be sure to take photo’s of food before serving to your hungry family. This is all that is left… a meatloaf carcas, but this recipe is too good not to share so here goes,
- 1 1/2 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground
- 1/3 cup chopped water chestnuts (drained)
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs or regular unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce plus 2 tablespoons for topping (I used Yoshida’s)
- 1/3 cup of your favorite barbeque sauce. (I used Bullseye Original flavor)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf type pan with non stick spray
Chop carrots, onion, water chestnuts, scallions and grate ginger.
Add to ground turkey along with beaten egg, teriyaki sauce and panko crumbs. Mix well but do not over mix.
Add to loaf pan.
In seperate bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki and all of barbeque sauce. Pour over meatloaf.
Bake for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees. Cool slightly before removing from pan.