Well thats a mouthful aint’ it? But that’s what this is – Buttery, Dijon, Parmesan Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Thighs! They are super crunchy and one of the best things I’ve made! No kidding…they are in my top 10 if not my top 2 favorite recipes…evvverrrrr!
Mr. Laughing Spatula hums when he eats these….you know… the nom nom hum? Nommm, nommmm, nommmm…I just love it when he talks food to me
This is the third time I have made this and the first time the photo’s are acceptable to post – what is it with this chicken anyway? I practically had to force it down my camera’s throat – finally drizzled some honey on it to make it all shiny and pretty but now it’s ‘Buttery Dijon Parmesan Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Thighs with Honey”…jeesh, it will take you longer to say it than to cook it!
Make a double batch and use the left overs for crunchy chicken salad the next day. (okay, I know I always say that – but I love left overs for lunch).
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs (bone in would be fine too, just increase cooking time)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- 1½ cup Panko crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (use convection feature if you have it).
- Line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean up.
- Spray heavily with no stick spray.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs - set aside.
- Mix together melted butter and dijon in a medium bowl.
- Combine Panko, parmesan, salt and pepper on a dinner plate or platter.
- Add chicken thighs to butter/dijon mixture and gently toss to be sure each piece of chicken is coated.
- Press each chicken thigh into Panko crumb mixture and place on prepared pan.
- Spray top of coated chicken thighs with additional non stick spray.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until coating is crispy and brown and chicken is cooked though.