Things I love about this salad: It’s crunchy, healthy and has peanut butter on it! Its a great vessel for rotisserie chicken as well. You can use all kinds of veggies in it, really whatever you have hanging around. This salad is all about the dressing. You might consider doubling the batch it is so good!
When cutting your english cucs, use a spoon to remove the seeds. This will keep your salad nice and crunchy.
Use a food processor or blender for the dressing so it comes out nice and smooth. If you don’t have either of those kitchen gadgets, mince your garlic very fine and whisk, whisk, whisk!
In a rush? Purchase packaged, shredded cabbage and carrots. Toss the dressing in right before serving to keep things from getting soggy. The dressing will keep for up to a week so you can dip EVERYTHING in it!
If you are looking for more recipes for rotisserie chicken…I have a Pinterest board for that here!
Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Peanut Dressing
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar regular vinegar plus one teaspoon of sugar will work in a pinch
- Juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- For Salad
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 4 cups shredded napa or regular cabbage
- 2 carrots - julienned
- 1 english cucumber - seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 2 green onions - sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup peanuts for garnish
For Dressing: combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
For Salad: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss. Toss with dressing right before serving. (You will not use the entire batch of dressing. )