This recipe has been updated to make 24 rolls. With better photos and step by step instructions. You can see that here Easy One Rise Dinner Rolls for a Crowd. The below recipe is still fabulous for 12 rolls!
Easy, like really easy! You mix the dough, shape into rolls and let rise in a 170 degree oven. Then crank up the heat to 350 – without ever removing the rolls from the oven! Pretty darn amazing!
I could probably call these ‘miracle buns’, but I won’t. Tempting though……
This recipe makes about 12 three ounce rolls. I have doubled it with better step by step instructions and you can see that post here.
- Make these the same day you serve them for best results!
- Serve with honey butter. One cube softened butter mixed with 1/4 cup honey.
- I used regular yeast, not Rapid Rise. Either would probably work, but I haven’t tried with the Rapid Rise product.
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter - cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 4 – 5 cups flour
- 1 package active dry yeast (3/4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- In small bowl or microwave safe measuring cup - heat milk and butter for 90 seconds on high
- Pour into mixing bowl (I used a Kitchen Aid with bread hook)
- Add ¾ cup hot water (should be slightly uncomfortable to the touch).
- Add sugar and salt
- Mix until well blended
- Add 2 cups of flour and yeast - mix for about 1 minute.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add another 2 cups of flour, one at a time.
- Add additional flour if needed until dough separates from the bowl.
- Using Kitchen Aid or your hands, knead for 5 minutes until silky
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking ban
- Cut dough into desired shapes and add to prepared pan
- Put into preheated 170 degree oven to rise. This takes about 30 minutes.
- Once your buns are the desired size (sorry, can't help it, gotta get one in!).
- Turn up oven to 350 degrees without removing from oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Top with melted butter and coarse salt if desired.
If you like making bread that is simple…try this easy Foccacia Recipe too!