Healthy, low fat, low calorie dip! I’m always glad when there is something on the healthy side when I go to a party. That way I can hit the cheese platter and wine bar in between healthy bites of dip and still waddle out with my chins held high!
Hummus, tzatziki, cucs, tomatoes, feta and olives. Easy assembly, no cooking required. You make the tzatziki yourself with just lemon, dill and garlic.
I love recipes like this…you go to the store, buy some stuff, make it look all pretty and you are a foodie hero! I used a pie plate but any 8 x 8 dish will work. Double the recipe for a 9 x 13 baking dish and get a mega hit of healthy dip! More cheese! More wine!
Just layer the hummus than tzatziki and top with fresh chopped veggies! Done and done!
To keep your dip from getting watery, seed your cucs and tomatoes. Simply use a spoon and scrape the out the seeds before chopping. This is best when assembled right before serving, but it will hold up great for a couple hours in the fridge. Serve with pita chips.
If you have an extra minute or two, start with Avocado Hummus instead of the store bought stuff to kick it up a notch!
- 1 16oz container of hummus
- 8 oz plain yogurt (I like the 2% better than non fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice from half a lemon)
- 1 large english cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped kalamata olives
- Combine yogurt, garlic, dill and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Spread hummus in 8 x 8 dish and top with yogurt mixture.
- Top with cucumbers, tomato, feta and olives.
- Serve with pita chips!