Cheater, cheater Pumpkin Cake Eater! I am calling this a cheater recipe because I posted it several years back when my blog was just a baby. I don’t think it got the attention it deserves. What a tragic cake story huh? Poor lonely cake…just sitting on this blog waitin’ for some love…
You can forgo the homemade frosting on this one, although I provided the recipe for you frosting die hards. But if time is of the essence, and you can’t stand one more dirty bowl to clean, buy a can of cream cheese frosting and add two tablespoons of maple syrup. Lazzzzyyy cook…yup, thats me!
I love that sheet cakes are so popular again. Who has time to bake up a couple layers and decorate? I can almost guarantee that you will never see a fancy schmancy cake on my site. I don’t have the patience or the talent…but sheet cakes? I can do that!
This recipe takes one cup of pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, just the puree. You will have a bit left from the can, simply freeze it for next time.
If you need a bit more pumpkin in your life and who doesnt? Try my Pumpkin Crunch Muffins!
Growing tired of pumpkin but still need a great holiday dessert? Gingerbread Cookie Bars might be for you! All the flavor of a cookie in a gooey easy to make bar!
Have a great week guys!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup melted butter
- Frosting - Shortcut: Buy a can of cream cheese frosting and add two tablespoons maple syrup)
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1 cube butter (at room temp)
- 2 tablespoons good Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Chopped Pecans if desired
- Mix together cake ingredients, adding melted butter last. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 until the cake springs back when lightly touched, about 40 minutes.
- (make from scratch or buy a can of cream cheese frosting and add 2 tablespoons maple syrup!)
- cream together cream cheese and butter. Add remaining ingredients and spread on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.