Cute little devils…arn’t they? Two ingredients – yup two! Pre-packaged fresh hash browns (like Simply Fresh) and eggs. Thats it!
I snagged this recipe from Cooking Light and they provide a nice little tutorial here if you would like to see it. It’s pretty easy stuff. Bake the hash browns in a muffin tin, break an egg, put back in oven for a few and ta-da!
NOTES – Really spray those muffin tins with non-stick. These guys want to stay in the pan. Do not over-bake your eggs. 10-12 minutes tops. The eggs look glossy whether they are over done or not so make sure and give them a poke before thinking they need more time.
Easy recipe and at only 145 calories a piece, you could have two!
- 1 package fresh hash browns (such as Simply Potatoes brand)
- Eggs - one per cup depending on how many you are making
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Start with shiny, light-colored muffin pans. For each egg basket, spoon ¼ cup mixture into a muffin cup coated with cooking spray. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of muffin cup, pushing mixture just above rim.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Crack 1 large egg into each basket. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set to your liking. Sprinkle each basket with a dash of kosher salt.