mmmmm…I sure do love my job. Hiccup… Oh yes I do! It’s a lovely Friday in Seattle and I’m thinking about cool beverages. It’s only 65 but in ‘Seattle degrees’ thats almost 80. Good enough for me…
I’ve made this about as simple as I can for you guys, because I know you love simple. Wine, fruit, juice, ice and some orange liquor. If you don’t have the orange liquor don’t sweat it. I used a Merlot but if you prefer a bolder flavor, a Cab would work well…as would a Syrah…as would a blend. Really, it’s hard to get this wrong if you start with a wine you like. Some recipes will call for sugar. Too sweet for me. I find the juices add plenty of sweetness. Besides I love me some wine so the more winey flavor the better!
I like it with a splash of sparkling water. I just add it my glass rather than pitcher. ( Mr. LS prefers to not have his booze diluted. And that is why I love this guy!) Besides it loses it’s fizz pretty quickly if added to the pitcher.
This is more of a concept than a recipe but for those of you that need specific instructions…(not judging, just helping). I’ve listed the recipe out for you below.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Red wine (I used Merlot)
- 2 oranges - 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- 2 lemons - 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- 2 limes - 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- 1 apple diced
- 4 oz Orange Liquor like TripleSec
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Pour wine into large pitcher.
- Add all ingredients stir and chill.
- Serve over iced with a splash of sparkling water