I am exhausted! I have been cooking, cleaning, and wrapping all day – there is glitter everywhere! What is it with glitter? Why is it on everything! Today, after wrapping gifts, I literally sparkle. (which is kinda cool if you are a Rockette, which I am not, in case you haven’t noticed). When Rachel was little I bought her a ‘Glitter Dome’..it was the gift from hell. I am pretty sure we still have glitter waxed into the kitchen floor. Love Christmas…don’t like glitter…it doesn’t make me a bad person…
But, I do like Granola, and I do like this recipe! I made a double batch and was very pleased with 8 jars worth. Very easy to toss together, just watch it closely or you can easily over cook it. It may seem overly moist when you take it out of the oven but it dries out as it cools.
Trader Joes is your friend for this recipe. I found rolled oats, candied ginger, nuts and dried cranberries for super inexpensive.
I’m thinking my xxxxoooo’s are gonna love this little Christmas gift! Hoping to make them sparkle! In a good way…not in a glittery way…
Coming up in January – 5 Week Anti Inflammation Diet! I’ll share my quest for better health step by step as I participate in a 5 week program with several friends. I’ll be posting tasty recipes and motivation – I’m going to need both…like a lot….like a whole lot!
- 4 cups rolled Oats (not quick cook type)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup molasses (or honey if that's what you are using)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup diced candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger. Stir to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, molasses (or honey) and vanilla.
- Coat large jelly roll pan (referred to as a Bun Pan) or two cookie sheets with non stick spray. Pour the oat mixture into your prepared pan and pour the liquid mixture over, combining well. (This might take a minute, be sure and stir well!)Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven, give a good stir and put back into the oven for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in cranberries and ginger.
- Let the granola cool. The granola will continue to dry out as it cools. Don't panic if it seems too moist. Store the granola in an airtight container. It should stay fresh for 1 to 2 weeks. Store in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.