Your own personal cheese ball! No more double dipping worries…no more broken crackers as you try to dip them into that hard cheese ball. Your worries are over! I give you Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball Bites!
These beauties come together in a flash. You know how I hate long drawn out recipes. You don’t even have to turn the oven on to whip up a batch of these. All your gonna get is sticky fingers!
I used pre-cooked bacon…gasp, I know ! Not sure I’d want it next to my fluffy eggs, but they sure work good for this recipe. I crisped them up in the microwave and gave them a quick chop in my blender. I mean a real fast pulse…easy to pulverize it to bacon dust if your not careful.
I used jalapeños that I seeded and removed the veins from. You probably know thats where all the heat lives. After that stuff is out, all you get is a nice slow burn. We are not fans of super spicy stuff around here, but if you are…leave the heat in!
Buy a couple extra peppers for garnish. I bought a red one too, because I thought it was pretty. I was so happy it made a heart for me…such a nice little pepper.
One batch makes about 30 bite size balls of about 2 teaspoons each. I used the Kitchen Aid with the paddle to mix it all up, because I figure if I’m going to dirty a bowl, it might as well do the mixing for me. You can go in manually if you like.
This recipe works with regular or light (neufchatel cheese) cream cheese. I have made it both ways and can not tell a difference.
The first time I made them I rolled them in toasted panko and added the bacon to the cream cheese mixture. (see below photo). I liked that too, but thought the bacon was a bit more tastier on the outside than the inside. (my peppers were really showing love that day!).
- Use regular or light cream cheese. Either works great.
- Give your hands a quick shot of non stick spray before beginning to roll the bites.
- Seed and devein your peppers to reduce the heat if desired.
- Buy extra peppers for garnish.
- If using a food processor or blender to make bacon crumbs, careful not to over do. 2 or 3 pulses should do it. Nobody likes bacon dust.
Have a great day guys!
Another great no cook appetizer for you. Greek Layered Dip! Layers of store bought hummus, quick tzatziki sauce, feta and olives. Serve with pita chips!
- 2 (8 oz) Cream Cheese - regular or light, at room temperature
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced - more for garnish if desired
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 pound cooked bacon (I used store bought precooked)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- If using precooked bacon. Crisp up in microwave for 1 minute and cool.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse bacon 2 or 3 times to chop.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, minced peppers, cheddar cheese, green onion, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- TIP: Give your hands a little touch of non stick cooking spray before starting to roll balls.
- Using a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture, roll into bite size balls and then into bacon crumbs.
- Place on tray lined with parchment or foil
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Top with sliced jalapeños on toothpicks.
- Will keep in refrigerator for up to 5 days.