Chicken, Sausage and Potatoes all in ONE PAN!
This is it guys…this is your new ‘feed the family before they eat all the Cheetos’ dinner. If you make this once, you will make it again and again. Change up the sausage, change the potatoes, spice up or tone down the marinade. Any way you do it, this comes out perfect every time!
No need to pre-marinade. Just make a simple sauce of lemon juice, garlic, paprika and olive oil. Shake it up and pour it on!
Add your chicken, taters, some onion if you have it and sausage to a regular old 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour on the sauce, bake for an hour and you have a really great, healthy dinner that will feed 4-6 people easy.
Not to mention Paleo (with sweet potatoes) and Whole30 compliant!
I used Aidells Andouille sausage that was precooked, but you can use uncooked fresh sausage as well. Just slice them up and toss them in.
- Use bone in chicken. I used a combo of thighs and drumsticks. Bone in will ensure the potatoes and sausage get all cooked up at the same time.
- Whole small potatoes work great. I couldn’t find them at my store so I bought larger ones and just cut them in half. You want them rather large so they don’t get over cooked.
- For the marinade you can sub orange in lieu of lemon for a citrus flavor that I love,
- Don’t have smoked paprika? Just use regular but I do like the smoky flavor it imparts.
It’s really hard to mess this dish up. Keep it simple and fresh and you are gonna love it!
Have a great day guys!
You might also like this one pan Easy Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary! Same cooking concept, just with a lemon and rosemary flavor!
- 8-10 pieces of bone in chicken
- 1 pound small red potatoes halved or baby red potatoes uncut
- 6 Andouille sausage links, cut in 3" pieces - any sausage can be substituted. Precooked or uncooked
- 1 large red onion cut in large chunks
- 1 large lemon - juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Pinch red pepper chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken, sausage, potatoes and onion in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat.
- Bake one hour or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and potatoes are tender.