So what do you get if you mix vodka with crushed fruit? ….HAPPY! hiccup.
I’ve been cooking, and tasting, and cooking and tasting, and tasting, and tasting today. Did I mention I have been tasting? I do it all for you guys…your bewtifal man…I love EVERYBODY! You and you and…well, EVERYBODY, I LOVE YOUUUUU!
I couldn’t just pour vodka over cranberries and wait…and wait and wait. I needed this now! So I crushed the cranberries in my blender and boom!. Instant intense cranberry flavor!
I strained it through a wire mesh. And poured Vodka on it….whoo hoo! I added a bit of simple syrup to sweeten it up. It’s reminds me of my Lemoncello and Orangecello recipes…maybe I should call this Crancello? Thinking about that….
Vodka is a neutral spirit and will pretty much do what you tell it to do. In this case, I told it to suck up the cranberry juice…and it did. That is why I love it.
- I used orange flavored vodka which added a nice flavor but plain old regular vodka will do.
- This yields about 5 cups and is easily doubled…or tripled for that matter! Vodka for everyone !
- You can add more simple syrup to reduce the alcohol content as well.
- Makes fabulous last minute gifts when put into a pretty bottle or mason jar.
- 12 oz fresh cranberries (reserve a ⅓ cup for garnish)
- 1½ cups water
- 1 bottle orange flavored vodka (757 ml)
- Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Begin by making simple syrup.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook for about a minute until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool simply syrup completely
- Pour fresh cranberries and 1½ cups water into a blender.
- Mix for about 30 seconds until a thick slurry forms. (add additional ¼ cup water if needed)
- Place wire mesh strainer over a medium size bowl
- Pour cranberry slurry into mesh pushing through with a rubber spatula until all juice has been extracted. Toss remaining cranberry pulp.
- You should end up with about a cup and a half of juice.
- Combine cooled simple syrup, vodka and extracted cranberry juice.
- Leave at room temp overnight to steep.
- Pour into decorative containers and garnish with cranberries.
- Best served chilled!