5 Ingredients, one bowl and you have yourself a tasty little snack cake. Perfect for a small family or three back to back DVR’d episodes of Downtown Abby! It is a dense cake and you will notice it uses no levelers like baking powder or baking soda.
This will make Mr. Laughing Spatula’s top ten – he loved this cake…. and I’ll tell you a little secret…it’s a muffin recipe that I turned into a cake! Why? Because I love cake! But, if you prefer a more portable cake, you can pour this batter into muffin tins and have Pecan Pie Muffins. Hows that for versatile?
Actually, now that I think about it, you could probably turn any muffin recipe into a snack cake? Holy Cow, that just gets my food obsessed brain chugging along on a snowy sunday morning!
Love snack cake?….you might want to try Lemon Raspberry Snack Cake as well.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (and several left whole for garnish)
- ½ cup flour
- ⅔ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover 9 x 9 cake pan with non stick spray
- Mix all ingredients except whole pecans and pour into cake pan
- Top with whole pecans
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean