Pumpkin Sheet Cake – yummy dessert for a crowd (or in my case, 3 people, a weekend and a spoon).
I love that sheet cakes are so popular again. Who has time to bake up a couple layers and decorate? I can almost guarentee that you will never see a fancy schmancy cake on my site. I don’t have the patience or the talent…but sheet cakes? I can do that!
The frosting is butter, cream cheese and real maple syrup, if you are a cheater, just buy cream cheese frosting and add a couple tablespoons of maple syrup! Easy and why not!
If you need a bit more pumpkin and who doesnt? Try my Pumpkin Crunch Muffins!
Have a great week guys!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup melted butter
- Frosting - Shortcut: Buy a can of cream cheese frosting and add two tablespoons maple syrup)
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1 cube butter (at room temp)
- 2 tablespoons good Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Chopped Pecans if desired
- Mix together cake ingredients, adding melted butter last. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 until the cake springs back when lightly touched, about 40 minutes.
- (make from scratch or buy a can of cream cheese frosting and add 2 tablespoons maple syrup!)
- cream together cream cheese and butter. Add remaining ingredients and spread on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.