Pumpkin Sheet Cake – yummy dessert for a crowd (or in my case, 3 people, a weekend and a spoon).
I love that sheet cakes are so popular again. Who has time to bake up a couple layers and decorate? I can almost guarentee that you will never see a fancy schmancy cake on my site. I don’t have the patience or the talent…but sheet cakes? I can do that!
The frosting is butter, cream cheese and real maple syrup. My boss was nice enough to bring me a lovely bottle of real maple syrup from a recent trip to Toronto…what a nice guy huh? I’m thinking I should have shared some cake…..ooops, sorry.
Pumpkin desserts are a favorite around here. My knock-off version of Starbucks Pumpkin Bread is a fall staple. (oops again!…my boss is probably reading this – did I mention I work for Starbucks?).
- 2 cups brown sugar
- •1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- •3 eggs
- •1 cup flour
- •½ teaspoon baking soda
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- •1 teaspoon cinnamon
- •1 teaspoon nutmeg
- •1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1 cube butter (at room temp)
- 2 tablespoons good Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Chopped Pecans if desired
- Mix together cake ingredients, adding melted butter last. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 until the cake springs back when lightly touched, about 40 minutes.
- For the frosting: cream together cream cheese and butter. Add remaining ingredients and spread on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.