This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampaignHashtag#CollectiveBias
The power of spinach! It is considered a ‘super food’ and and a great way to get your healthy greens in, especially for those of us who are not lovers of kale. (Kale will always be a garnish on a deli tray to me).
I picked up this fresh spinach at my local Sam’s Club. Spinach is the ‘Super Food of the Month’ in the Sam’s Club on-line magazine, Healthy Living Made Simple. It made me feel okay about the lack of kale in my life!
I like to make a big old batch of this on Mondays….makes up for saturday and sunday indulgences. You can add chicken, fish or chilled shrimp for a whole meal and eat this for days. By the time Friday rolls around, you are back in your skinny jeans!
Check out your lunchbox this week…better than a vending machine burrito or the frozen entree you were gonna grab?!
The dressing is so easy and you can sub lemon for lime in a pinch. It keeps your avocado green and makes enough for that most important lunchbox all week!
I know if my fridge is full of healthy choices, I am less likely to eat a pizza….unless it has spinach on it, then that would be okay right? I have been a Sam’s club member for over 10 years and I shop there weekly. I load up on all their fresh produce. The blueberries I bought were some of the best I have had all season. I chose organic spinach and it was super tender and fresh. Check out the plethora of produce members can choose from!
So now you have finished your shopping, and filled your cart with healthy food for your family. You have a little bit of time left in your busy day. Did you know members can enjoy free health screenings the first saturday of every month? The next free health screenings take place on 8/13, 9/10 and 10/8. Sam’s club offers members everything you need to keep your families health on track!
Hoping you have a happy and healthy week!
Another great salad that also works great for your lunchbox! ”Crunchy Mediterranean Couscous Salad!
And Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad that uses the same Honey Lime Vinaigrette! A two-fer!
- 6 cups, clean fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- For Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (can sub red onion for shallot).
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a tight fitting jar or container. Shake until well blended and store in refrigerator.
- Combine salad ingredients and toss with vinaigrette.
- Toss only the amount of salad you will be eating right away. Save the rest for your lunchbox and serve the dressing in a separate container.
- Some great substitutions:
- Apple or strawberry for blueberries
- pecans or almonds for walnuts
- goat cheese for feta cheese