Three Ingredient Shortbread Cookies! I know! Who has three ingredient cookies? We do!
This year I participated in the The 4th Annual Great Food Blogger cookie Swap! There were 566 participants who shipped over 20,000 cookies around the world, and raised a whopping $12,335 for Cookies For Kids’ Cancer!
I can not imagine the amount of coordination that goes into putting an event like this together but Lindsey from Love and Olive Oil and Julie from The Little Kitchen do an outstanding job! How it works: You receive the names of three food bloggers who you will send your yummy cookie creations too. In return, you receive three boxes of cookies from three different bloggers. I’ll tell ya, it’s pretty great when you get these cookies on your porch! If interested for next year, you can sign up here.
I received :
Chocolate Dipped Nutella Cookies from Floating Kitchen
Peanut Butter Date Streusal Bars from Its Okay to Eat the Cupcake
Chewy Mocha Toffee Chip Cookies from Grumpys Honeybunch
When planning my recipe to share, I tried to come up with something that could take the US mail and not arrive in broken little cookie shards….and let’s face it…3 ingredients? I got 3 ingredients – how easy peasy huh?
There are a million and one ways to fancy these Three Ingredient Shortbread Cookies up!
- Dip half in melted chocolate. (or just dip the whole thing!)
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts
- Sprinkle with ..well, sprinkles!
- Frost (cheater in me would use store bought frosting…gasp!)
So many great ways to make these your own!
You can check out all my cookie recipe’s HERE!
To 3 Ingredient Everything! ?
3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
Three ingredient delicious shortbread!~
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line cookie baking sheet with Silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add flour and mix well. Dough will be sticky but continue to mix until forms a soft and smooth texture.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 14-16 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing.