After a brief diversion, I am back to my ‘mostly Paleo’ ways. There is no doubt that as soon as I let the sugar and carbs rule my diet, I start gaining my weight back. I am sure that if I gain this weight back, I will never lose it again. It was so much work. Just not sure I have it in me to do it again! I’ll be battling this forever. No doubt about that.
The trick is to not let it get too far ahead of me. If I see the scale moving upward then I need to get some discipline back in my life and take those extra pounds off asap! Before the 3 pounds become 10…10 becomes 20 and before you know it I’ve gained all 25 plus pounds back. I could easily go there, just one cookie away from disaster….
The best way to stick on a clean eating lifestyle, is to have clean eating food available…well duh. This salad has been a lunch staple for me since I started this whole ‘diet thing’. I keep a mixed bowl of it hanging around and don’t have to think about lunch. Just grab, toss in my fave dressing (that I already have made up of course) and lunch is done! I never get tired of it. There are a multitude of ingredients you can add in to make it new each time. Nuts, seeds, Feta if you eat dairy. Bacon…well, ya. Bacon. It’s Paleo right?
The dressing is a simple Dijon Vinaigrette but I also like my Fresh Tomato Vinaigrette tossed in. Just depends on what’s hanging around.
This makes two nice size servings. Just toss in the dressing right before eating to keep everything fresh.
For more Paleo and Whole30 meals, check out my Pinterest Board here!
And if you didn’t know there is a new Whole30 Recipe Book about to be published! Check it out here!
Chicken Avocado and Apple Salad
- 2 cups Romaine - chopped
- 1 cup baked chicken breast - diced
- 1/2 cup chopped Avocado
- 1 tomato - diced
- 1 apple - diced I like Honey Crisp
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of your favorite vinegar
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- Big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- in Shake up a jar and done!
- Toss all salad ingredients together with a couple tablespoons of vinaigrette.
- You will not use all the dressing - will keep in refrigerator for a week.
- I usually just take half of this recipe and toss with dressing right before eating.