Double Chocolate Cookies with Sea Salt: If you want a cookie you only want to eat 1 of, move along- you won’t be able to stop eating these!
UPDATE: I have updated this recipe and you can find it here. But this is still a fabulous recipe! I just made it a bit easier to read and took prettier pictures :).
It’s my favorite time of year…Food Blogger Cookie Swap time! The GREAT FOOD BLOGGER COOKIE SWAP brings together food bloggers from around the world in celebration of all things scrumptious. Proceeds are donated to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer which makes the cookies taste even better! #FBCookieswap
How it works : Lindsey from Love & Olive Oil and Julie from The Little Kitchen spend countless hours coordinating this very fun event. X’s and O’s to those two beautiful people! Each blogger, who signs up, is matched with three other bloggers and we make, bake and swap cookies with each other. It’s a great way to connect and meet with fellow food bloggers and the bonus is, you get cookies delivered right to your door, and you know food bloggers have the best cookies recipes! (If you are a blogger and interested in signing up for next year, you can do that here.)
This year I sent cookies to:
Rachel at A Southern Fairy Tale
Melissa at Mel Bakes Things
Karla at Forty Cakes
I received cookies from these amazing Food Bloggers!
Melisa from Miss in the Kitchen – Citrus Butter Cookies
Farrah from Fairy Burger – Nut Butter Meltaways
Melissa from Bless this Mess – Jam Thumbprint Cookies
Thank you ladies – you added an inch to my waistline and a smile to my face!
My cookie this year is a Double Chocolate with Sea Salt Cookie that was
stolen borrowed from Jenny at Honey & Birch, with her blessing. She baked these last year for the Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Let me tell ya, I made these cookies three times before the swap and one time since! I can not get enough of them! It’s a perfect balance of salt and chocolate. Add a little glass of red wine and the skies open up and the sun comes out and everything is glooorrriussss! Thank you Jenny for such a wonderful recipe!
Now here is the best part – these are the easiest Double Chocolate with Sea Salt cookies ever. You can not goof them up and they make a great food gift. Who doesn’t like salty chocolate? Its a simple cookie dough but when it all comes together it’s fabulous!
Hoping you take a minute to view all the wonderful cookie recipes on Instagram at #FBCookieswap!
Double Chocolate Cookies with Sea Salt
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dutch cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the white sugar, brown sugar and melted butter on high. Reduce the speed to low. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour cocoa mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips using a spatula.
- Roll dough in 2" balls and place several inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Using your hand or the back of a spoon, gently press the top of each cookie dough ball until slightly flattened.
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the cookie edges look slightly browner than the dough
- Cool on wire rack.