Notice none of my burgers are beef? It isn’t because I don’t enjoy a beef burger…I just don’t cook them well. I save that task for the uppidity Seattle tavern restaurants that we love!
Another thing I am not a fan of, is using a bunch of fancy equipment. Fancy equipment equals tons of clean up. I am more into eating than cleaning. That being said, I did not use a food processor to make these. Me and my one good knife did a quick job of mincing up the salmon in record time! I simply removed the skin and got to chopping. All I had to wash was my knife (I love my knife)…
There isn’t much too these…a bit of egg, bread crumbs, red pepper – the usual suspects but they were divine! I will make them again and again. Next time I’ll add a bit of jalapeño or Anaheim peppers to kick it up a notch. But the simplicity of this recipe makes it noteworthy.
Note: You can sub almond meal for the Panko to make this GF, Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
And I love my grill pan! Here are a few other fresh, fast a fabulous burgers to try!
Easy and Fresh Salmon Burgers
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup Panko style crumbs Almond meal can be substituted for you GF folks
- 1 egg - slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- pinch of chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- Remove skin from salmon fillet and mince salmon.
- Add minced salmon and remaining ingredients to bowl and combine.
- Careful not to over handle.
- Form into 3 large or 4 small patties about 1/2 inch thick
- Heat grill pan or BBQ to medium to medium high.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until completely cooked through and center feels slightly firm.
- These cook fast - careful not to over cook or will become dry.