Easy to make Pumpkin Cake is made with simple ingredients that come together in a flash! Moist and tender cake with just the right amount of spice! Don’t buy boxed when you can make fresh just as easy!
Time for pumpkin everything! You either love it or get annoyed with it….I’m somwhere in the middle. But when it comes to cake…I love it!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cake:
- 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin – (not pumpkin pie filling)
- pumpkin pie spice – or ground cloves, cinnamon or nutmeg if you happen to have those in your spice drawer
- vegetable oil
- baking soda
- baking powder
- Ingredients for Frosting: confectioners sugar, cream cheese (or you can cheat and buy a can of cream cheese frosting. Sometimes ya gonna do whatcha gotta do :).
This cake is amazingly easy with such simple ingredients. I promise you once you make it you will be making it for years!
How to store this pumpkin cake:
- Store on the counter top for up to three days then in the fridge for another two…it will never last that long!
- To freeze: Freeze unfrosted cake wrapped in plastic wrap then in a freezer bag for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature and frost.
More of our favorite Pumpkin Recipes:
To Pumpkin Season! Clink! Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
This incredibly easy to make Pumpkin Cake will be your favorite fall recipe!
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon each: ground cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce 100% pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray with non-stick spray a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Whisk the oil, eggs, granulated sugar and pumpkin, together until combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and use a mixer or whisk until completely combined.
Spread evenly in your baking pan. Bake for about 40 minutes. Check after 30 minutes with a toothpick. If it comes out clean your cake is done. Continue to bake if necessary.
Cool cake completely before frosting
In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, combine butter, cream cheese until well mixed. Add salt, vanilla and confectioners sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread on cooled cake. Top with chopped pecans if desired.
Be sure to buy 100 percent pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling.
Cupcakes: This batter makes about 24 cupcakes. Fill the cupcake wrappers 2/3 full, and bake 18-21 minutes at 350 degrees or until baked through. Cool and frost.