If you have not tried Zucchini “zoodles” yet, this easy to prepare Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp recipe is a great way to get you started! One pan and around 20 minutes and you have a healthy tasty meal!
I am not a gadget gal. I don’t fill my cupboard with the latest appliances. A good knife and pan will get ya where ya need to go and with a lot less clean up. But, I was super intrigued when it came to this zoodle machine!
I fell in love with this OXO Spirilizer gadget! It cranks out oodles of zoodles quickly with very little effort and minimal clean up. And it’s kinda fun! There are hand held models that are less expensive. I have this one and it functions…but for a few dollars more you can get the table top version with 3 blades. (OXO is not a sponsor, I just love this gadget!).
After you crank out your zucchini noodles, place them on a double sheet of paper towels. Sprinkle liberally with salt, which will help draw out the moisture. Roll it up and let it sit while you prepare the shrimp .
We used 25-30 tail on shrimp. The tails are pretty…you can pluck them off before, or during or buy them without the tail.
A little butter and some olive oil (to keep the butter from burning). Saute up your shrimp and set aside while you cook your zoodles.
I added a bit of sliced red pepper for color and texture but you can skip it if you like. Saute up your garlic and deglaze the pan with some lemon juice or a bit of wine…or both!
Add the zoodles, cook for about 3-5 minutes depending on how you prefer the texture. I like mine barely cooked and bit on the firm side.
Toss your shrimp back in the pan. 20 minutes have flown by and your Healthy and Fast Shrimp Zucchini Noodle dinner is done!
We like to serve this Shrimp and Zucchini recipe with a sprinkle of feta cheese but parmesan will work just as well.
Looking forward to more food experiments with my spirilizer…boodles are next. Noodles made from butternut squash. Who knew?
More Zucchini recipes please! You bet!
Savory Zucchini Quick Bread – The number one zucchini recipe on this site!
Zucchini Lasagna – cut those carbs…you won’t miss them with this delicious and easy recipe!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Get your veggies and dessert all in one!
Don’s miss out on these delicious easy dinners as well!
To healthy tasty meals!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Shrimp and Zoodles
- 3 medium fresh zucchini
- 1 pound shrimp, medium size defrosted if frozen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced thinly optional, we like it for color and texture
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped sprinkle more for garnish
- Feta or Parmesan for garnish
- Prepare your fresh zucchini with your zoodle device. Lay out double paper towels and spread your zoodles out on it. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and roll up the paper towel. Let it sit letting the moisture release while you prepare your shrimp.
- Toss your shrimp in salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add your shrimp in one layer. Don't touch for 2-3 minutes or until they are lightly brown. Turn and cook another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic and sliced red pepper to skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice to pan and deglaze by scraping all the bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add your zoodles and saute for 3-5 minutes depending how how soft you like them. Add the shrimp back to the pan. Sprinkle in parsley and stir, heating the shrimp and zoodles together.
- Serve with feta or grated parm!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Clink!