Twice Baked Potato Cups! A new twist on an old idea….makes them look all fancy and stuff.
Who doesn’t love Twice Baked Potatoes? They are a vehicle for just about anything. I went pretty standard on this recipe. Sour cream, butta, butta and mo butta, bacon and cheese.
After whipping these up I shot some pic’s in my fancy photo studio. Thought you would like to see how a full time food blogger lives. It’s fairly impressive….
Here we have my camera in the sink, a Windex bottle holding up the diffuser and my toaster in the background. I know! What a glamorous life! Had you seen the photographer you would have been equally impressed. I do most of my cooking in the morning with jammies and bed head. Big blonde bed head!
The secret to a perfect potato? Preheat the oven to 400. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and place on baking sheet. The baking sheet will help keep the skins soft. When a knife inserted goes easily into the center your potato is done. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Using a paring knife cut just around the circumference and scoop out the insides, leaving about a 1/4 inch on the inside. Next cut a small piece off the bottom so they sit up all pretty!
Now they are ready for stuffing!
Serve these with Crispy Chicken Thighs and you got a super dinner!
- 2 large Russet baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and poke a few times with a fork.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a knife slides easily into the center.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the center leaving about 1/4 inch around the sides.
- Mash potatoes, butter, sour cream and milk together using either a potato masher or mixer (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer).
- Stir in half the cheese, half the onions and half the bacon.
- Fill potato cups.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon and onions and serve hot!