3 Minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette – This easy to make big flavored dressing will become your favorite! It looks and tastes like it has cream or mayo added, but it doesn’t! It’s a true vinaigrette!
How does this 3 Minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
taste so creamy with no cream or mayo?
A little thing called emulsification. Dijon is a natural emulsifier and when it get whizzed up in a blender it makes this dressing all creamy and stuff. I love creamy and stuff!
With just a few simple ingredients, lemon, vinegar, light olive oil and dijon mustard, you can whip this up in a quick 3 minutes!
I used my handy dandy Nutri Bullet. I love this gadget and I am not a gadget girl. You can use a blender, immersion blender or food processor and get great results as well. You can also use just a hand whisk as well, just mince the garlic before adding.
Add all your ingredients to the blender, whiz boom for 30 seconds and you have a creamy, healthy and super tasty dressing!
It goes with most any kind of salad and doubles
as a really good marinade for chicken or fish!
I love to use these Condiment Squeeze Bottles for perfect dressing distribution! I actually use these for a ton of stuff from olive oil to dishwashing detergent. I should do a whole post on 101 squeeze bottle uses! Oh and soy sauce…love them for soy sauce!
Play with your food! You can adjust this basic recipes a hundred different ways. Omit the parsley, increase the garlic, add your favorite herb. Tarragon would be great with this!
Tips to make 3 Minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- A blender or immersion blender works best to get this emulsified so it’s super creamy.
- I used apple cider vinegar as I like the kick it gives but you can sub your fave vinegar.
- We like extra light olive oil. It is my favorite for salad dressings but you can use what you have on hand. Even a light vegetable oil or canola will work.
Check out this video- It really shows how creamy and delicious this Lemon Dijon dressing is!
To easy, fast and fresh food!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
3 Minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 clove large garlic - chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced microwave for 15 seconds on high if your lemon is too firm
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar sub white in a pinch
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil sub full flavor olive oil, vegetable or canola
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional) sub tarragon or your favorite fresh herb
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend for about 15 seconds or until creamy.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Thank you for your support! Clink!