Fresh Asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, feta with a super simple Lemon Vinaigrette! This dish just screams Spring time! Clean out the refridgerator with tons of veggies to make 100 different ways!
Ingredients for Asparagus Salad:
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- cherry tomatoes
- sun-dried tomatoes
- white beans
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- lemon juice
This fresh and healthy salad fits perfectly into a clean eating diet or Meditteranean Diet. Packed full of healthy veggies and tossed in a perfect light lemon vinaigrette!
How to make Lemon Vinaigrette:
In a small jar or bowl, juice the lemon, add the vinagar, oil and dijon and a bit of chopped parsley if you have it. Salt and pepper to taste then mix it up. Thats it!
PRO TIP: We like using Dijon mustard in our dressings. Besides adding a nice tang, it is a natural emulsfier and keeps the dressing from seperating.
How to make Asparagus Salad:
Start by trimming the woody ends off your asparagus. PRO TIP: to easily trim asparagus simply bend until it snaps. Asparagus is so smart. It will break at exactly in the right place!
Cut the asparagus into thirds. Add to a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes until just fork tender. Careful not to overcook! Drain in a colander and rinse immediately with cool water to stop the cooking process.
Assemble your salad ingredients and toss with a bit of vinaigrette.
You will not use all the dressing, simply toss to coat and save the rest for another use.
Toss only as much as you will consume as the spinach will wilt rather quickly.
Clean out your fridge and use up all those veggies! A few to consider:
- garbanzo or kidney beans
What can I serve this salad with?
Kathi & Rachel
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus ; trimmed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves ; stems removed
- 1/2 cup white beans ; or any bean will do
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes ; halved
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes ; chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar ; apple cider or white vinegar
- 3/4 cup light olive oil ; avocado oil or canola will work as well
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt generously.
- Trim asparagus of the woodsy ends. (you can easily do this by bending the asparagus until it breaks. It will break in just the right spot!)
- Cut asparagus into thirds. Boil for about 2 minutes. Careful not to overcook! Drain and rinse in cold water immediatly to stop the cooking process.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to large bowl and toss in cooled asparagus.
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar or whisk in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad with a few tablespoons of vinaigrette at a time. You will not use all the vinaigrette. Store remaining in refridgerator for another use.
- Serve immediatly!