Crispy and crunchy on the outside and creamy melty in the middle! These Oven Baked Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are easier than the popular TIK TOK version and just as good!
These little beauties take about 5 minutes of prep. They are great as a side dish or an appetizer…we love them with everything. Just a few ingredients and 30 minutes in the oven and you have the most easiest and crispy crunchy potatoes you didn’t fry!
Ingredients to make Parmesan Crusted Potatoes –
- Baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
NOTE: We made these in an 8 x 8 dish but you can easily double to a 9 x 13.
More taters please! Oven baked, not fried!
Get the oven hot. 425 degrees. Halve the potatoes and toss in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
Next melt a bit of butter and pour into your baking dish.
Spinkle grated parmesan over the melted butter.
Push the potatoes, cut side down, into the parmesan cheese and done!
In the oven they go!
In the TIK TOK version they want you to score each potato, make a mixture of butter and parm and coat each potato one at a time. With our version you simply dump it all in the pan and in the oven! Brilliant :).
What kind of potatoes can I use?
We used Yukon Golds because they are creamy on the inside. You can also use baby reds or even Russets cut into thick discs or wedges. If you got parm and any kind of potatoe, you can make this dish!
Bake for about 30 minutes test the potatoes, they should be good and soft.
IMPORTANT – remove from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes! This allows the parm to get a little firmer and hug that potato for a totally cheese crusted bite!
How do I serve these potatoes?
These can be served as a side dish but also make a great appetizer! Serve with ranch or bleu cheese dip for an easy appetizer that can feed a crowd!
We also like them with:
- Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs – elevate that simple meal with these delicious and easy potatoes!
- Pan Seared Pork Chops – our easy to make pork chops are the perfect entree to compliment these parmesan potatoes.
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts – easy on the cook stuffed chicken.
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- 1 pound baby yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 °F
- Cut potatoes in half. Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour melted butter into an 8 x 8 pan. (remember you can easily double this for a 9 x 13 pan to feed a crowd).
- Combine garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter.
- Place each half of potatoe, cut side down and press gently into the parmesan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown and soft. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes so the cheese has time to harden and stick to the potatoe.
- Serve as an appetizer with dip or as a side dish with sour cream if desired.