We will never make pizza another way again! This Cast Iron Pizza recipe is the best and easiest pizza we have ever made. Crispy crust, easy dough and our two minute Pizza Sauce makes this our favorite meal every Friday night!
Friday Night Pizza is what we do. This ritual has been around since Rachel was old enough to naw on a piece of crust. We are reviving this family tradition and kicking it up a notch because soon, very soon, our sweet little grandson will be here and I am gonna teach him to cook. That will be my gift to him, a gift that keeps on giving not to mention a great way to impress the ladies 🙂
Our perfect Pizza Dough Recipe makes enough dough for two 12″ pizzas. You can use this dough in a sheet pan or pizza stone but we love it in a cast iron skillet!
Rachel and I both own the this Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. It’s large and heavy duty and makes everything crisp up so nicely! I must use it three times a week. It sits proudly on my stove top!
Once your easy perfect pizza dough is made and pressed in the pan…time for our two minute Pizza Sauce.
FOR THE SAUCE: We are the queens of finding easy ways to make good food and this sauce makes us wear our crowns proudly! Can of tomato sauce, Italian herbs, garlic powder, a bit of sugar and your microwave. Now if this is too much for ya…open a jar of store bought marinara sauce! Get just simple Marinara and you can’t go wrong.
I like to sprinkle a little cheese first then top with the sauce…but you do what you need to do. It’s your pizza, do what you want!
Do you have to preheat the cast iron skillet?
- Nope. Only if you want to burn your hands trying to get the dough in it. This pizza is a relatively thin crust and it crisped up just fine without risk of losing my finger prints.
We went old school with this version. Sausage and Pepperoni and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese! Your pizza will be as good as your ingredients…get as fresh as you can!
What other kinds of pizza can I make?
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – substitute the tomato sauce for your fave bbq sauce. Sprinkle with chopped chicken, caramelized onion and top with smoked gouda.
- Cheeseburger Pizza – use ground beef and top with shredded cheddar.
- Taco Pizza – ground beef with taco seasoning and top with grated cheddar and when out of oven sprinkle fresh shredded iceberg and tomatoes on top. Drizzle with salsa.
- Clean the fridge Pizza! – rummage through your deli drawer. Ham? Cheese? Feta cheese or soft mozzarella works great too. What else do you got in there! Chop it up and throw it on!
Can I use store bought pizza dough to make this Cast Iron Pizza?
- Yes! Simply bring it to room temp and press it in!
- PRO TIP : Don’t feel like you have to use all the store bought dough for one pizza. The secret to great pizza is the thin restaurant quality crispy crust. Too much dough can make it bready.
For Pizza Lovers!
Breakfast Pizza – When you want it for every meal!
Shrimp Alfredo Pizza – with 5 minute Alfredo Sauce !
Smoked Salmon Pizza – when you want it for an appetizer!
Complete the meal! What can I serve with this pizza?
To Friday Night Pizza…again!
Â What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÂ connect with us on Instagram andÂ Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Â
Cast Iron Pizza
One Pizza Dough Recipe - this will make two 12" pizzas
Easy Pizza Sauce
Pizza Toppings for Sausage and Pepperoni
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup browned italian sausage
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup grated mozzerella
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make sure it's good and hot before baking your pizza!
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Heat in microwave for one minute. Stir. Heat for another minute until herbs are softned up a bit.
- Pour olive oil into pan and spread around. You want a thick coat of oil but not pools. This will help keep the crust crispy.
- Press your prepared dough into the cast iron pan and add your pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with sausage, pepperoni and cheese or your desired toppings.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Serve with salad if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Clink!