This spinach salad is an old family favorite; Even the salad haters in our family LOVE this! That includes my son in law who usually only eat things that are between 2 slices of bread. With feta, mandarin oranges, and bacon – who wouldn’t love it? This spinach salad is a winner for everybody, and comes together quickly and easily.
You can add some crunchy romaine or even switch out the bacon to chicken to change it up. It’s a good, gotta be in your recipe box, kinda salad. You can even save the dressing to dip chicken in!
NOTES & TIPS: You will not use all the dressing. Add a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired amount and careful not to over-do. DO NOT toss until you are ready to serve…this salad wilts quickly!
Spinach, Bacon, Feta and Mandarin Orange Salad
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups packed spinach leaves (prewashed bag type)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 - 11 oz can Mandarin oranges well drained
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small container or jar. Shake, shake, shake and put in the fridge to chill. 30 minutes should do it.
- Combine all salad ingredients. Toss with a few tablespoons of dressing and serve! (you will not use alls the dressing - just add a tablespoon at a time). Do not toss until you are ready to eat...this salad wilts quickly1
Your photos always look great, Kathi! This salad is a little like one I make but I have never used bacon in it. Thanks for the idea, I will try it next time. 🙂
Anne|Craving Something Healthy says
Thanks for educating me on TBT! I love this light and fresh version of spinach bacon salad 🙂