My TBT recipe! My daughter will be impressed that I even know what TBT stands for! (okay I had to ask her when I first started to see it on Facebook). And to my Mom, who I know is reading this, it stands for “Throw Back Thursday”! It’s where we go back and re-live the glory days! In my case, it was only 2 years ago but hey…a TBT is a TBT.
I first posted this in March of 2012. It was my first post using my new Canon camera. I was so excited, because I really thought the picture was the best I had ever taken. And at the time, it was! My composition hasn’t changed much…I still like a clean simple photo, but I do believe the exposure, clarity and positioning is better…not too mention my heavy hand with the color saturation feature…yikes!
The good news is that the recipe still totally rocks …oops…age is showing again! It is a timeless recipe, been around forever, even before Pinterest. No really, it has….there was food before Pinterest ya know. Ask your Mom, she will confirm.
You can add some crunchy romaine or omit the bacon (just don’t tell me 🙂 to change it up. It’s a good, gotta be in your recipe box, kinda salad.
NOTES: You will not use all the dressing. Add a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired amount and careful not to over-do. DO NOT toss until you are ready to serve…this salad wilts quickly!
Spinach, Bacon, Feta and Mandarin Orange Salad
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups packed spinach leaves (prewashed bag type)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 - 11 oz can Mandarin oranges well drained
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small container or jar. Shake, shake, shake and put in the fridge to chill. 30 minutes should do it.
- Combine all salad ingredients. Toss with a few tablespoons of dressing and serve! (you will not use alls the dressing - just add a tablespoon at a time). Do not toss until you are ready to eat...this salad wilts quickly1