These Buffalo Meatballs are perfect for every party, game day, holiday…any day!
Easy to make baked meatballs that are healthy but pack a punch of flavor. Tossed in our homeade Buffalo Sauce with just the right amount of heat!
If you love Buffalo Sauce as much as we do then these easy to make and bake meatballs are for you!
Healthy, easy to make chicken meatballs. Toss them in a slowcooker and set on low for a party!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs –
- ground chicken – 93/7 fat ratio at a minimum. ( Avoid fat free ground chicken breasts. They will result in dry meatballs. No way around it other than dipping them in mayo so you might as well add a little fat!)
- panko crumbs – or bread crumbs – or almond flour if your gluten free/Keto/Whole30
- green onion
- Easy Homemade Buffalo Hot Sauce or store bought stuff will do
We like to bake our meatballs opposed to fying them. Find it easier, less messy and certainly healthier. The extra addition of celery and carrot to the meat mixture make these chicken meatballs super flavorful!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs –
Start by adding all of your meatball ingredients to a large bowl.
Ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, onion, minced celery, carrot and garlic salt and pepper.
PRO TIP: Spray your hands with non stick spray before beginning to roll meatballs to keep them from sticking to your hands.
Mix your ingredients but don’t over mix. Over mixing can make for tough ground meat.
I find that sometimes ground chicken is a bit more moist than I’d like, add a couple more tablespoons of bread crumbs if that is the case.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment or foil. Roll your meatballs using a cookie scoop if you have one or just a heaping tablespoon.
Bake the meatballs and toss with the sauce!
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Gluten Free/Paleo/Whole 30:
This is such a healthy recipe it wont’ take much tweaking to make these fit your lifestyle.
Simply replace the bread crumbs with almond flour or coconut flour and make sure your blue cheese dressing is compliant.
Serve the meatballs with a drizzle of bleu cheese dressing along side carrot and celery sticks.
More easy recipes to make with Meatballs!
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- One Pan Meatball Pasta Skillet
- Greek Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Meatballs
Kathi and Rachel
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken : 93/7 fat ratio at minimum
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup carrots – finley diced
- 1/4 cup celery – finley diced
- 1/4 cup green onion – finley chopped
- 1 garlic clove – finley diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Easy Homemade Buffalo Sauce – or store bought
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In large bowl combine ground chicken, panko, egg, celery, carrot, onion, garlic salt and pepper.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon into a meatball shape and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees internally.
- Toss warm meatballs in 1/2 cup of Buffalo Sauce, drizzle with blue cheese dressing and serve along side celery and carrot sticks.
- Use store bought buffalo sauce in lieu of our Homemade Buffalo Sauce if desired.
- Spray your hands with nonstick spray to keep meatballs from sticking.
- Sub almond flour in lieu of bread crumbs to make Gluten Free/Keto/Whole30.
- Make a double batch and freeze leftover in a ziploc bag for up to 3 months!