Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccini with Creamy Feta Sauce! Well that just says comfort food all over the place. If you are looking for a fast, easy and restaurant quality pasta dish, you just found it!
This comes together so quickly, with only a few ingredients. You can lighten this up… but lets call this Saturday night food shall we?. It’s a treat. Use the cream, use the cheese and use the butter. It’s okay. It’s okay because you had a salad for lunch and oatmeal for breakfast. A person has to live a little…
I’ve had this in restaurants and I had no idea it was so easy to make. If I had known, I would have made it years ago. I’ll be revisiting this recipe frequently. Maybe adding grilled chicken or sausage …or goat cheese instead of feta? Oh ya, that would be really good!
If you want to lighten this up: substitute the cream for 3/4 cup half and half plus 2 tablespoons light cream cheese. Cut back on the cheese and butter a tick. You might save your self a few grams of fat and a few calories.
- 8 oz fettuccini pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz jar of Roasted Red Peppers - drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan plus more for garnish
- handful of fresh basil, chopped plus more for garnish
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks:
- Melt butter in large skillet. Saute garlic until fragrant. About 2 minutes.
- Add, red peppers, cream, feta and ¼ cup parmesan.
- Saute for about 4-5 minutes until flavors meld.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender - puree until almost smooth. A few chunks of red pepper is kinda nice.
- Add chopped basil - salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta to sauce in skillet.
- Toss and top with additional fresh basil and grated parmesan.