This White Chicken Chile is our answer to HEALTHY, FAST AND FRESH FALL DINNERS! With leftovers for lunch! You can whip this up in 20 little minutes with a few easy ingredients.
Year after year I whine about our short Seattle summers, but then I realize something. IT’S SOUP SEASON! I am a soup-a-naught, a soup savant a certified soup junkie! Bring on the soup! And it has to be easy, and it has to be healthy and it has to TASTE REALLY GOOD! This White Chicken Chili checks all those boxes and more!
Oh! …and did I mention this clocks in around 200 calories for a big old 1 1/2 cup serving…be still my soup lovin’ heart!
We have been making this for years and we are finally getting around to sharing this fabulous recipe! And guess what, there are secret ingredients! I love secret ingredients!
So whats the secret to making this
20 Minute White Chicken Chili ?
Store bought rotisserie chicken and a jar of salsa verde! Combined with a few other ingredients and soup is on! You can find Salsa Verde right next to the other jarred salsas in the Mexican aisle of your grocer. There are various degrees of heat but we went with mild to make it family friendly. Want more heat? Add some chopped jalapeño or a big pinch of chili flakes. Cilantro is GREAT in it as well! (Well, if you don’t have the gene that makes Cilantro taste like soap, and we do… it’s a real thing!)
I like to serve this with mini corn muffins. I use those little boxes of Jiffy mix…don’t roll your eyes at me! Those little boxes are great! Especially when there is just a few of us left rambling around this house.
TIP: When the corn muffins get a day old. I put them in the bottom of the soup bowl and pour the soup on top. Oh no you din’t. mmmmmm! yes I did!
You can customize this White Chicken Chili so many ways. Sometimes I’ll add in some celery or carrots. Black beans or cotija cheese on top. A dollop of sour cream but always avocado chunks!
To Soup and all the possibilities!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
20 Minute White Chicken Chili
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth we used low sodium
- 1 16 ounce jar of Salsa Verde I used La Victoria Mild
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2 15 ounce cans northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen thawed
- 2 teaspoons cumin cumin brands have a large range of intensity, you may need to add more
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Add all ingredients except avocado to large dutch oven or soup pot and bring to a simmer.
- Taste for seasoning. More cumin? Salt? Pepper? I find cumin varies greatly from brand to brand so don't be surprised if you have to add several more teaspoons!
- Garnish with sliced avocado and cilantro if desired. A dollop of sour cream would be yummy too!
Tips for this 20 Minute White Chicken Chili:
- You can find Salsa Verde right next to the other jarred salsas in the Mexican aisle of your grocer. There are various degrees of heat but we went with mild to make it family friendly.
- Want more heat? Add some chopped jalapeño or a big pinch of chili flakes.
- Cilantro is GREAT in it as is some Mexican Crema on top. Note that the Crema will increase the calories, but it is delicious!