I found several variations of this recipe on Pinterest (cause’ that’s where all the groovy recipes are). I eventually settled on Kleinworth & Co. version. Why?.. well they had the best picture of course so they must be the best, turns out I was right!
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries and I’ll just bet you could substitute Raspberries, Apples or Peaches…oh yum, Peaches sound perfect for next time!
Blueberry Pie Bars
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks cold butter (cubed)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream
3 cups fresh blueberries
Grease 9×13 glass baking dish- set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add flour, sugar, salt and cubed butter to mixing bowl, beat until combined and crumbly.
Take 1 cup of mixture and set aside. (I really tried to forget this step so I’m giving you a visual)
- Take remaining mixture and firmly press into your baking dish, covering the bottom. Bake 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking- whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, sour cream, flour and salt.
- Gently fold in blueberries. (if frozen, you may want to wait just until you are ready to pour into the crust so they don’t go all purple on ya)
- When crust is ready – remove from oven and add filling. Gently spooning over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture you had set aside.
- Bake 1 hour or until top is lightly browned.
- Cool a bit before serving to make easier to cut.
- Print and save this recipe…your going to be making it a lot!
Try the Pineapple variation of this recipe! Pineapple Bars