Easy Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups! Cream cheese, peppers, bacon, cheddar and sour cream all mixed up and put in a double wonton wrapper with a layer of cheese in between! The perfect party or game day appetizer!
We have been a bit obsessed with wonton wrappers this year. It’s the year of the non party party foods! We might not be able to throw a party but we can sure eat like we are!
Our recent concoctions include:
Taco Cups – ground beef, turkey or chicken stuffed into a wonton wrapper and served up with your fave mexican toppings!
Mini Quiche – breakfast, snack or dinner. Hot or cold! So toteable for your next gathering!
Southwest Egg Rolls – Ground chicken or turkey mixed with your fave southwest ingredients including black beans, corn and of course cheese!
As long as you have a package of wonton wrappers in your fridge…fun is not far away!
How to make Easy Jalapeno Stuffed Wonton Appetizers:
Combine the ingredients that include:
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- grated cheddar
- jalapeno pepper
- wonton wrappers
Line a muffin tin pan with one wonton wrapper and add a tablespoon of grated cheese.
Top with another wonton wrapper..now in goes the filling!
In the oven they go for 20 minutes and boom! You have a party…even if it’s just you!
How to store and reheat these easy appetizers?
- store baked cups in a sealed container or ziploc bag in the refridgerator.
- reheat in a 300 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Alternatley you can microwave for 10 seconds each.
You could make these appetizer cups a 100 different ways! Some add in’s you might like!
- ground beef
- more peppers for a hot hot party!
- chopped chicken
- chopped red peppers
- anything you have hanging around can pretty much be mixed into the cream cheese and put in these cups!
We love easy party food and here are a few of our favorites!
Smoked Salmon Pizza – probably the one I make the most. No cooking required!
Homemade French Onion Dip – you will never get the store bought stuff again!
Sheet Pan Quiche Squares– serve hot or cold and feeds a crowd!
Double Bacon Cheeseburger Dip – even comes with mini buns!
To parties for two!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A delicious fast appetizer that has all the flavor of a Jalapeno Popper in a tidy little cup!
- 24 wonton wrappers found in the cold case international section
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream light or regular
- 3/4 cup bacon (reserve 1/4 cup for topping) cooked and crumbled about 12 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for topping and 1/4 cup for inbetween wonton layers)
- 1 fresh jalapeño - seeded and chopped use additional pepper for more heat! or try a poblano or anaheim pepper for less heat.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick spray.
Place one one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup. Top with about one tablespoon of grated cheddar. Place another wonton wrapper on top with corners facing opposing side.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, cheddar and chopped jalapenos until well mixed.
Spoon filling into each wonton and smooth out with the back of a spoon a bit.
Top with a pinch of additional cheese and bacon.
Bake for 15 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Store in refridgerator. Reheat at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until heated through. Great served cold as well!