A new spin on a classic! Caesar Pasta Salad has crunchy romaine and tender pasta for the perfect salad any time of year! A delicious easy to make caesar dressing with no egg that takes only 5 minutes and crunchy homemade croutons!
Everyone loves a good pasta salad and just like our Greek Pasta Salad we stuff this with flavor without making it to complicated. It’s our thing!
Simple homemade croutons with leftover bread thats been cubed up, tossed in a bit of butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and boom. Homemade croutons! Bake up the croutons while your water is boiling for your pasta, couldn’t be easier! NOTE: Next time you have a loaf of bread thats just about lived it’s full life, simply toss in the freezer and you are crouton ready!
PRO TIP: Melt one tablespoon of butter for every one cup of bread cubes for perfect crouton bread to butter ratio!
The next component in this easy pasta salad is our 5 minute EASY HOMEMADE CAESAR DRESSING. We make this simple dressing with a mayonnaise base . Mayo is a great emulsifier and keeps this dressing together and stuck to the salad where it belongs. aka: no mushy salad.
Watching your waistline? Gotcha covered! Checkout our Skinny Caesar Dressing with Greek Yogurt. Or go half and half. Half greek yogurt and half mayo and get a ‘light’ version.
You can find the recipe for our EASY HOMEMADE CAESAR DRESSING HERE, or click on the pic below.
A few handy tips:
- Cook your pasta al dente for this recipe so it holds up well when tossed. Careful not to over cook. Use the pasta package for best directions.
- You won’t use all the dressing. Add half the dressing, toss and taste. Store the remaining for another time. The dressing will last up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Best softer bright yellow hard boiled eggs: Bring room temperature eggs to a rolling boil. Put lid on pot. Turn off the heat and let them sit for 8 minutes. Remove from hot water and immerse into ice cold water bath for 10 minutes and peel. This will give you a bright yellow soft egg every time!
Finish the dish! What can I serve along side this Caesar Pasta Salad?
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Greek Chicken Burgers
- Chili Lime Burgers
- It’s a perfect side dish for just about anything you can throw at it!
To summer and salads!
Â What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÂ connect with us on Instagram andÂ Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Â
Caesar Pasta Salad
For Easy Croutons
- 2 cups bread, cubed Any kind. Day old works best.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For Pasta Salad
- 1 Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe Easy Homemade Caesar Dressing
- 1 pound rotini pasta, cooked per package directions drained and rinsed with cool water
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce - chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large boiled eggs (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cubed bread, melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper together on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Toss. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until brown and toasted. Let cool.
For Pasta Salad
- Prepare Homemade Caesar Dressing: Easy Homemade Caesar Dressing
- In large salad bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, romaine, tomatoes, half of the croutons and half of the parmesan cheese. Toss with about half of the dressing until lightly dressed. NOTE: You will not use all of the dressing. The remaining will keep for up to a week in the refridgerator.
- Top with remaining croutons, parmesan and sliced boiled eggs if desired.
- Keep chilled in refridgerator for up to two days.