Oh look…more cookies! I love December! The bad news is this may be the last cookie post because my family ate the entire batch of Peanuty Butter Cookies I was going to post before I could take a picture!…no I am not kidding and yes, I probably ate my share.
But for now we have these little beauties. They are like portable brownies – just grab and go!
I had to get clever with this photo because six cookies was all I had left! I am going to have to invest in a cookie vault. These went really quick…I mean it’s chocolate right? It’s got it’s own health benefits….along with red wine. Yay life!
These are super easy – no special notes required just careful not to over bake. Take them out when the tops start to crackle and let them cool a bit before removing from the cookies sheet.
Enjoy! a few more days until we start our Whole30. 30 days of intense life changing Paleo….you can find the book here: It All Starts with Food. It will help you get all set up for our January 5th start date! But for now…cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter cut into chunks
- 1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet or bitter sweet chocolate chips Remove 1/3 cup chips before melting I have used both and love them equally!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or use Silpat liner.
- In microwave safe bowl, add butter and all but 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. (I use a 4 cup Pyrex measure cup to melt my chips). Melt on high for 45 seconds and stir. Continue at 30 second intravels until butter and chocolate are melted and incorporated.
- Using an electric mixer or Kitchen Aid - mix together eggs, sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to egg mixture.
- In small separate bowl whisk or sift together cocoa, salt, baking powder and flour.
- Add to wet ingredients and combine well.
- Stir in remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until tops begin to crackle. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before placing on cooling racks.