Nothing says love like pie! I am not usually known for my pie making capabilities. Just thinking about rolling out pie crust and making the filling wears me out. But I have a solution! Who’s your buddy? Who’s your pie pal! You can have your pie and never have to worry about breaking out that rolling pin!
These are so simple and delicious, not to mention easy to make. Just the way we love our recipes around here!
- Don’t stress over the pan. If you don’t have a jelly roll type sheet pan than a 9 x 13 cake or casserole pan will do the trick.
- To help you gauge how much 3/4 of the batter is. I just mark the batter in the bowl with a big cross and take out 3/4, leaving 1/4.
- To make your glaze go on all pretty and stuff. Put it in a ziplock baggie and cut a small tip on the end.
Cherry Pie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 21 ounce cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons to 3 milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3/4 of dough into a greased 15x10x1 or a 9 x 13 baking pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before glazing. (I put mine in the fridge to hurry it up).
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top.