Chicken Rollatini – Baked chicken breast cutlets stuffed with ricotta and spinach, rolled in panko crumbs and topped with marinara and fresh mozzarella. You can make 4 or 40.
You can buy cutlets prepared or just slice them yourself. I usually have a freezer full of Costco chicken breasts so I just slice them up myself. A sharp knife and just slice through horizontally. So easy!
Some tips to make Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach
- You are going to get your fingers messy – just accept it and keep on going!
- Beat your eggs well. The better mixed, the easier it is to dip.
- If you don’t have panko crumbs, regular bread crumbs will work fine. But put panko crumbs on your next shopping list, they really are fantastic and available most anywhere these days.
- Get creative – This recipe can be made a hundred different ways. Stuff with ham, cheese and omit the marinara topping and you have Chicken Kiev. Stuff with Prociutto and Swiss and you have….um, well not sure but it sounds pretty good! You get the idea. This is a great basic recipe for just about any flavor combo’s you like!
Now that you have Panko crumbs in your cupboard..check out my Parmesan Dijon Crusted Chicken! Easiest recipe ever with a big unexpected flavor!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions? Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram andtag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Chicken cutlets stuffed with ricotta and spinach and rolled in panko crumbs. Make 4 or 40!
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut horizontally into 8 chicken cutlets or purchase 8 cutlets
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 3 eggs - 2 to dip cutlets, 1 to add to ricotta
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed, squeezed dry of any liquid
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- non-stick spray
- 1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine breadcrumbs, oregano, basil and 1/3 cup grated cheese in one bowl and beaten eggs in another.
In another bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and 1 egg, along with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of ground pepper
Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll up and set aside until all chicken cutlets are stuffed and rolled.
Dip chicken roll up into egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish. When finished, lightly spray top breaded cutlets with cooking spray which will help it brown,
Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with marinara sauce then fresh mozzarella cheese.
Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side.