Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Rosemary! – Once you make this easy dish, you will make it over and over again! Simple roasted chicken and potatoes never tasted so good!
This is one of those recipes that can be made 100 different ways and they would all be good! If you never learned to cook another thing, you could fool your family for years with this same recipe, just by swapping out a few ingredients. Okay, maybe not years, but at least a month…or a week…I’m such a food drama queen.
Everybody loves Roasted Lemon Chicken…
and this one has a ton of flavor! And as a bonus, it’s baked up in the same dish with the potatoes. One baking dish is all you need!
Start with this simple marinade. Olive oil, garlic, rosemary and lemon juice. How could something that is so simple taste so good!
Pour the marinade right over the chicken and potatoes and in the oven it goes!
No need to marinate for hours.
After about 60 minutes, the chicken is roasted perfectly and the potatoes are tender.
The marinade has done it’s job and everybody loves you
We like to serve this with a simple steamed veggie on the side like broccoli or these Smashed Brussels Sprouts.
What else can I add to this Lemon Roasted Chicken and Potatoes recipe?
- Artichoke hearts – canned or marinated variety…make sure and drain before adding.
- Fresh red or green peppers – sliced and tossed in.
- Fresh thyme in lieu of rosemary
- carrots, turnips and the list goes on and on!
- sweet potatoes in lieu of baby reds
Can I use boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs?
- You best! Sub boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs by cutting your potatoes in small one inch pieces and reducing the cook time to 30 minutes. Your chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees.
Can I make Lemon Rosemary Chicken in the Slow Cooker?
- Yes! You can simply put the uncooked chicken and all the ingredients including potato right into your slow cooker OR sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side to create additional flavor. I personally prefer to sear but it’s pretty tasty if you just dump and go.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Need a quick visual? Check out our video on how to make this easy Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Rosemary!
Looking for more healthy and easy chicken recipes? You can find them all HERE!
To Easy, Healthy Meals ….that don’t taste like it!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A simple marinade tossed with chicken and potatoes, then baked up in the oven. A delicious one pan meal your whole family will love!
- 8-10 pieces of your favorite cut of chicken - skin on bone in
- 1 lb . baby red potatoes
- 1/2 in onion - cut large pieces
- 2 lemons 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary plus sprigs for garnish or 2 teaspoons dry
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken pieces (skin side up), potatoes, sliced onion and lemon slices evenly in pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken, making sure all the chicken is covered. Toss a bit if necessary.
- Sprinkle generously with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked.
- you can sub boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs by cutting your potatoes in small one inch pieces and reducing the cook time to 30 minutes. Your chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Thank you for your support! Clink!