Fresh Corn Salad with Avocado – Comes together with fresh off the cob corn, all tossed up with a super easy Honey and Lime Vinaigrette!
I first posted this recipe last year, but I have already made it twice this summer and wanted to share it again in case you missed it! See…I’m always looking after my peeps. (and yes, I still say peeps).
No cooking, no fussy gadgets to use. Simply shuck that corn and remove the kernels with your favorite knife. Chop up some veggies and toss with the vinaigrette. Check out the tiny ingredient list…fast and easy, just the way we like stuff around here.
One of the things I love about this salad is the addition of a poblano pepper. It’s my new favorite veggie! If you take out the seeds and veins, which is where the heat lives, you are left with something that has just a slight kick. Like a jacked up green pepper. It’s a kid and family friendly pepper.
Of course you could use a jalapeño if you like more heat…around here we like things a little less spicy so a poblano is the perfect pairing pepper for my peeps!
You want to give this salad a taste test after you toss in the vinaigrette. Depending on how sweet your corn is you might want some additional sugar or salt.
The beauty of the vinaigrette is it keeps your avocado’s green and your corn all crunchy and stuff. This stores great in the fridge for a few days and would be the super star of any picnic!
Serve it up with grilled Mahi!
To fresh and easy salads!
Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Fresh off the cob corn tossed with avocado and an easy to make Honey Lime Vinaigrette!
- 4 ears of fresh uncooked corn - shucked and kernels removed from cobb
- 1 avocado - slightly firm and cut into cubes
- 1 Poblano Pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Lime Honey Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots . can sub red onion for shallot
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl, add all salad ingredients.
- In small separate bowl, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Taste for seasoning - salt? pepper? Maybe an added tablespoon of honey or sugar?
- Pour dressing over corn salad - chill!