This Easy Pineapple Pork recipe is a one pan wonder! Tender cubes or pork, bell peppers, onions and pineapple tossed in a thick and easy to make soy and pineapple sauce!
Ingredients to make Pineapple Pork:
- boneless pork chops
- canned pineapple chunks – dont forget to reserve the juice!
- red and green bell peppers
- soy sauce
- BBQ sauce
- ginger – fresh or ground
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish if desired
While the pork is cooking get a batch of our OVEN BAKED RICE going! Dinner will be done in no time!
How to make Pineapple and Pork –
Start by cutting your pork into bite size pieces. Heat a large skillet and brown them in a bit of oil. Add the peppers and pineapple to the pan and cook until just crisp tender.
Mix up your simple pineapple glaze in a seperate bowl or measuring cup.
Pour over the hot pork and veggies and bring to a simmer.
What else can I use in this one pan dinner?
- switch out chicken for the pork
- green beans
- clean out your fridge! – everything in the pan!
Serve with rice if desired!
A few more easy one pan dinners:
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
This Pineapple Pork one pan dish can be made in less than 30 minutes using all kinds of veggies! Substitute the pork for chicken and clean out the fridge for the veggies!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork chops – cut into bite size piece
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper – seeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup onion – chopped
- 1 15 ounce can pineapple chunks – drained, reserve juice
- 3 garlic cloves – chopped
- 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice – if you are short on juice add chicken stock to make 3/4 cup.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce – or Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- toasted sesame and green onion to garnish if desired
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Season the cubed pork with salt and pepper.
Brown pork for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until pork is cooked through.
Add red bell pepper, onion, and drained pineapple to the pan. Cook until veggies are just crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
In a small bowl or measuring cup whisk together all of the sauce ingredients and pour over your pork and veggie mixture.
Simmer until thick, about 3-4 minutes. Top with toasted sesame and chopped green onions and serve over white rice if desired.
- use chicken in lieu of pork
- green beans