This Easy Pineapple Pork recipe is a one pan wonder! Tender cubes or pork, bell peppers, onions and pineapple tossed in a thick and easy to make soy and pineapple sauce!
Ingredients to make Pineapple Pork:
- boneless pork chops
- canned pineapple chunks – dont forget to reserve the juice!
- red and green bell peppers
- soy sauce
- BBQ sauce
- ginger – fresh or ground
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish if desired
While the pork is cooking get a batch of our OVEN BAKED RICE going! Dinner will be done in no time!
How to make Pineapple and Pork –
Start by cutting your pork into bite size pieces. Heat a large skillet and brown them in a bit of oil. Add the peppers and pineapple to the pan and cook until just crisp tender.
Mix up your simple pineapple glaze in a seperate bowl or measuring cup.
Pour over the hot pork and veggies and bring to a simmer.
What else can I use in this one pan dinner?
- switch out chicken for the pork
- green beans
- clean out your fridge! – everything in the pan!
Serve with rice if desired!
A few more easy one pan dinners:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork chops – cut into bite size piece
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper – seeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup onion – chopped
- 1 15 ounce can pineapple chunks – drained, reserve juice
- 3 garlic cloves – chopped
For the sauce
- 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice – if you are short on juice add chicken stock to make 3/4 cup.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce – or Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- toasted sesame and green onion to garnish if desired
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Season the cubed pork with salt and pepper.
- Brown pork for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until pork is cooked through.
- Add red bell pepper, onion, and drained pineapple to the pan. Cook until veggies are just crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup whisk together all of the sauce ingredients and pour over your pork and veggie mixture.
- Simmer until thick, about 3-4 minutes. Top with toasted sesame and chopped green onions and serve over white rice if desired.
- use chicken in lieu of pork
- green beans
Leave a Reply