Sheet Pan Fajitas are SUCH an easy meal for the whole family!
Easy. Healthy. Versatile. Sold! Tender fajitas with chicken, fresh veggies, all cooked up on the same sheet pan! Serve with tortillas, on top of a salad or wrapped up in a lettuce wrap.
Check out this video to see how easy these Sheet Pan Fajitas are to make! Toss it together then throw it in the oven and boom….dinner done! I love the concept so much, I am busy developing several more sheet pan recipes to share with you soon. Been up to my elbows in sheet… pans that is..argh, somebody stop me.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN FAJITAS!
- Slice your veggies and chicken. Keep them the same size so they cook at the same time.
- We used a variety of colored peppers. We sometimes throw in a sliced poblano for a little extra zing!
- Mix spices and olive oil for a delicious and healthy homemade fajita marinade.
- Toss chickens and vegetables in marinade on sheet pan.
- Bake until fully cooked and enjoy!
We love this set of three sheet pans, a size for everything. After adding everything to your sheet pan, measure out all your spices and toss right into the olive oil.
Cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper into some olive oil makes your perfect fajita marinade. The olive oil and the spices really help put some flavor into the fajitas- this easy spice mix works great even if you were to marinate the chicken and just bake chicken breasts by themselves.
We find this homemade version to be so much more flavorful AND healthier than packaged/store bought fajita or taco spices. Be cautious if you plan on using it for grilling though- olive oil plus an open flame can be a dangerous, very flammable thing.
Kick it up with hot sauce, or maybe a jalapeño mixed in with the veggies if you like spicy. Serve with sour cream, avocado, grated cheese…all your favorite fajita fixings! Wrap it all up in a warm tortilla, lettuce leaf or dump it on salad! We love the flavor of this chilled, too. Another few reasons to love this recipe. It’s healthy, low fat, low carb, Paleo and Whole30 compliant. It also feeds a crowd and provides leftovers for that boring old lunchbox.
Learn more about how to make Sheet Pan Fajitas with Chicken:
- Chicken is fully cooked at an internal temperature of 165 degrees farenheit. We recommend using a meat thermometer.
- Toss the fajitas midway through cooking to make sure everything is cooked evenly throughout, but also to double coat the fajita seasoning on the chicken and vegetables.
- Slice your chicken and veggies about the same thickness to ensure everything is done at the same time.
- Use the convection feature on your oven if you have it, it will brown the veggies nicely.
- You can substitute a casserole dish or 9 x 13 cake pan in a pinch.
- Top yours with avocado, cilantro and red onion (like below) and toss around to warm those up- adds a ton of flavor without a ton of calories.
- You do not have to line the sheet pan with foil as the olive oil will help slide the fajitas right off; but we find the foil makes for easier clean up and recommend it.
- If you want to reheat these, simply pop them in the microwave on medium heat for 30-45 seconds. You can also reheat them in a stove top skillet until warm throughout- this will help keep the chicken tender and will yield slightly better results than microwaving.
If you love the ease of this dish, you will loveour Chili Lime Shrimp Fajitas too! 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes in the oven. Want more easy dinner recipes? You can see all of our Sheet Pan dinners HERE!
Other Sheet Pan Recipes We Love:
Our latest is this Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner with Sweet Potatoes and Veggies! – super healthy and great meal plan recipe.
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A easy and family friendly one pan dinner! Top a salad, fill a tortilla or wrap it up in a lettuce or bread wrap!
- 1 pound chicken breasts - sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 1 green pepper - sliced
- 1 yellow pepper - sliced
- 1 onion - halved and cut slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400
In small bowl combine oil, chili powder, cumin, chili flakes, garlic, salt and pepper.
Toss chicken, veggies and oil mixture together on a large sheet pan with one inch edge.
Spread out evenly.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and the veggies are soft with a crispy edge.
Serve with tortillas, sour cream, avocado and all your favorite fajita fixins!