Fresh Corn Salad with Avocado – A no cook crunchy, big flavored salad. Served with a super quick Honey Lime Vinaigrette!
If you love the crunch of fresh corn you are going to love this salad! It’s surprising how delicious corn is when left in it’s crunchy natural state!
WHY WE LOVE THIS FRESH CORN SALAD WITH AVOCADO!
- No cooking
- no fussy gadgets to use
- a simple vinaigrette
- picnic friendly with no mayo base to worry about
- Fresh, fresh, fresh!
Loving the addition of a poblano pepper to this salad! If you haven’t tried these beauties yet, this is a great recipe to give it a go! It is our new favorite veggie! If you remove the seeds and veins, which is where the heat lives, you are left with something that has just a slight kick. Like a jacked up green pepper. But if you don’t want any heat, simply toss in a green bell pepper or do you need MORE heat? Make it a minced jalapeño!
HOW TO REMOVE CORN FROM A COBB WITHOUT A MESS!
Simply place a small bowl, like a ramekin, inside a large bowl. Place the flat end of your corn on top of the ramekin. Using your best serrated knife simply run it down the corn. No mess and everything is in the bowl where you need it to be!
WHAT OTHER VEGGIES COULD WE STUFF INTO THIS CORN SALAD WITH AVOCADO?
The list is endless but here are a few ideas:
- broccoli florets
- roasted sweet potato cubes
HOW TO MAKE HONEY LIME VINAIGRETTE!
The beauty of the vinaigrette is it keeps your avocado’s green and your corn all crunchy. It tastes delicious and comes together in a couple minutes!
Simply toss all the ingredients into a jar, shake, shake, shake and pour! You may not need all the dressing…it’s up to you!
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH THIS CRUNCH CORN SALAD?
To fresh and easy salads that go crunch!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 4 ears of fresh uncooked corn - shucked and kernels removed from cobb
- 1 avocado - slightly firm and cut into cubes
- 1 Poblano Pepper - seeded and chopped green pepper can be substituted
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl, add all salad ingredients.
- In small separate bowl or jar, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss corn salad with vinaigrette. You may not need all of the dressing, it's up to you!
- TASTE FOR SEASONING - more salt, pepper? If your corn is not as sweet as you would like, try adding a teaspoon of granulated white sugar.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.