The best and easiest pizza dough! You can make restaurant quality pizza dough at home with just a few ingredients! This recipe makes enough for two 12″ pizza’s. Friday night pizza to the rescue!
With just a few ingredients, flour, sugar, water and yeast you can make the most amazing pizza crust. Simple is always better.
If you are a beginner bread maker this recipe is for you!
Can I use instant yeast in this homemade pizza dough?
- You sure can! We have included instructions in the recipe card for that. You simply don’t ‘proof’ the yeast (or add it to the liquid). Just pour it in with the dry ingredients.
- I tend to be old school when it comes to yeast and use the regular kind. I like the extra rise time of regular active yeast, it helps develop that yeasty flavor.
The beauty of pizza dough is it only needs one rise
After mixing up your dough let it double in size. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
Punch down and separate into two balls and it’s ready to go!
Can you refrigerate or freeze this homemade pizza dough?
- You can refrigerate it for up 3 days
- You can wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months! And hey won’t that be nice to have a pizza to look forward too! Thaw overnight in the fridge then bring to room temp on the counter before pressing into the pan.
Once you have your dough ready to go you can simply press it into a cast iron pan, on to a cookie sheet, pizza stone or any kind of pizza pan you love!
Rachel and I both own this LODGE CAST IRON SKILLET and love it! It’s a large size and perfect for just about everything from searing to cooking up eggs.
After pressing your dough onto your pan or pizza stone simply top with your favorite toppings and bake at 450 degrees until brown around the edges. About 10-12 minutes.
Friday night pizza just got even better!
A few other great weekend recipes!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
An easy to make pizza dough that makes enough for two 12" pizzas
- 1/4 ounce package of active dry yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons) or 1 3/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more to oil bowl
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water warm to the touch - not hot - 120-130 degrees ideally
- 3 cups all purpose flour
add yeast, sugar and warm water to large bowl or standing mixer with dough hook. (if using instant yeast, skip this step and add it directly to the flour and remaining ingredients).
Let the yeast, sugar and water sit for about 5 minutes until slightly foamy.
Add two cups of the flour and combine adding remaining flour a bit at a time until a smooth dough forms. Continue to knead for about 3 minutes. (you can use an electric mixer with dough hook or just your hands).
Place dough in greased bowl and place in warm place. Cover with cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise for about 45 minutes to one hour or until double in size.
Punch down and knead slightly. Divide into two balls.
Press into your pizza pan. Top with your favorite ingredients and bake in a preheated oven of 450 degrees until edges are slightly brown.
Store any extra dough by wrapping in plastic wrap. Keep in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
Pizza dough can be refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Thaw by setting on counter and bringing to room temp or put in refrigerator overnight and warm up to room temp for about 30 minutes before pressing into pan.
Be sure to preheat your oven to 450 degrees for optimal perfect pizza crust!