This 30 Minute Minestrone Soup with Sausage is the soup we make around here when we need a soup fix in a hurry.
Simple and fresh ingredients that come together in a flash with a deep flavor that tastes like you slaved all day over a hot soup pot!
The sausage does so much of the work for you in this soup! It intensifies the flavor of the broth as if it had been simmering for hours…but we know the truth :).
What kid of sausage is best for this soup?
- I am a huge fan of chicken sausage. It comes in a variety of flavors these days. Mild Italian is my favorite. I love it because it is lean but still has just enough fat to be flavorful. Usually 93/7.
- Good old pork sausage can’t be beat either! Again, go with an Italian blend if you can find it as it is chalk full of garlic and spices.
PRO TIP: If using a higher fat sausage use a spoon to remove all but about two tablespoons of the grease before adding your veggies. This will help keep your soup from being greasy tasting.
How to make Minestrone with Sausage Soup:
Start by browning your sausage in your big soup pot. Remove casings if applicable. Add your carrots, onion and celery cooking until they are just soft.
I have been making this for years…it’s my go to meal when I don’t feel like cooking. Also love it for meal prep. Soup in your lunch box is a gift and this one gives for days!
Next add your tomato puree, spices and broth. Pour in the pasta and you are done!
Quickest most tastiest soup everrrr! (food drama queen..but I love this soup!).
What else can I throw in this delicious pot of Minestrone soup?
This is a great ‘clean out the fridge’ soup!
- great beans
- peppers, red, green or poblano for a little kick
- any kind of bean – garbanzo, white, black
- fresh or frozen spinach
- any pasta you love including orzo, ziti, penne, broken up spaghetti. If you have a half box of pasta this is a great use for it
- ground beef or turkey for the sausage but increase your basil and oregano to taste
More fast and fresh soup with sausage you say! You bet! Check these out…
To soup and all it does for us!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
A super quick easy soup that feeds a crowd! Make this with just a few ingredients. The sausage does all the flavor work!
- 1 pound Italian sausage (casings removed if applicable) we love chicken sausage for this but any will do
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes tomato sauce will work in a pinch
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock prefer low sodium
- 1 14.5 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup elbow pasta or any small pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning a combo of dried basil and thyme will work too
- Fresh grated Parmesan
Heat large dutch oven or soup pot to medium high.
Add sausage to pot. Cook and crumble sausage. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat. (if using lean chicken sausage omit this step.)
Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic and parsley to sausage and cook until veggies are just tender.
Reduce heat to medium. Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add italian herbs.
Add chicken stock, beans, pasta, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Taste for seasoning. Serve with fresh parmesan cheese and bread!
Use Italian chicken sausage if you can fine it. We like it as it is not too greasy. If using a high fat sausage, remove all but 2 tablespoons of the oil before adding you're veggies.