These Loaded BLT Lettuce Wraps hit EVERY MARK. SUPER flavorful, loaded with veggies, healthy, and the homemade Yogurt Herb Dressing hits the spot!
Now friends: I realized I called this BLT lettuce wraps, but it needed some protein. So..I baked a plain chicken breast with some olive oil, salt and pepper, let it cool, and added it in with my chopped veggies alongside some bacon (yes, double protein- I’m hungry, okay? Stop judging me!). You could easily add/subtract whatever sounds good- even adding some zucchini would be fab! Or cheddar cheese…But I’m trying to do more skinny dipping than chunky dunking lately 🙂 Oy vey dieting is it’s own hell…I digress.
Next I made my dressing for my BLT Lettuce Wraps; I combined non fat greek yogurt, a smidgeon of olive oil, powdered garlic, fresh chopped dill, dried basil, rosemary, and some white vinegar. It’s almost like ranch, but way healthier! BLT + Lettuce + Homemade dressing? You had me at BLT.
Pour the dressing over the BLT salad mixture, give it a stir, and scoop on top of fresh romaine lettuce.
TIP: Careful not to overdress. If you are going to try to keep the lettuce wrap filing in the fridge for a few days, leave the dressing in the jar and put it in a small Tupperware container. Badda boom, badda bing- easy and not soggy!
Hopefully I’ll be skinny dipping vs. chunky dunking by 2020 with the help of these lettuce wraps! Here’s to healthy recipes!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Loaded BLT Lettuce Wraps with Homemade Yogurt Herb Dressing
- washed and dried romain lettuce
Lettuce Wrap Filling
- 1.5 cups cooked cubed chicken Rotisserie chicken would be great!
- .5 cups diced cucumber
- .5 cups diced tomato
- .5 cups chopped bacon
- .5 cups diced red onion
Homemade Yogurt Herb Dressing
- 3/4 cup greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients for chopped salad in medium large size bowl. Be sure to remove any excess water from vegetables using paper towel to ensure freshness.
- Combine ingredients of dressing & mix well.
- Combine chopped salad and dressing.
- Scoop in .5 cup amounts to romain lettuce pieces & enjoy! Delicious topped with additional bacon, or shredded cheddar cheese.