Classic 4th of July Fruit Pizza! Made with store bought sugar cookie dough, cream cheese and fresh fruit. It’s the first dessert to get gobbled up at every holiday picnic!
We didn’t invent this beauty but we sure do love it! It’s been around for years and yet we have never made it! Don’t wait until the 4th of July to make it Swap out the fruit for most anything and serve it all year long!
Ingredients to make Fruit Pizza
- 1 package store bought sugar cookie dough
- cream cheese
- confectioners sugar
- fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
That’s a short grocery list for a very impressive looking dessert!
Let’s get started!
- Line a 13″ pizza pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Crumble up the dough and spread it around the prepared pan. Using your fingers press into shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly brown around the edges.
- Cool completely before spreading on the cream cheese mixture.
After your cookie crust has cooled. Combine your cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla until creamy.
Spread onto the cooled baked crust.
What fruit goes well on Fruit Pizza?
Don’t just limit this easy dessert to the 4th of July! It’s an all season favorite!
- Bananas (toss in a bit of lemon juice to keep from browning)
Slice up the strawberries into thirds. Start your creative process!
Don’t over think this. The fruit will find it’s way around the pizza and be lovely….I promise! If you make an ugly Fruit Pizza please send a picture…I personally don’t think it’s possible :).
Tips to make the perfect Fruit Pizza
- Warm up the cookie dough at room temperature for about 15 minutes. I find it much easier to press into shape.
- Wash and dry your fruit ahead of time to be sure it is not damp when placing on the pizza.
- Plan to eat this the same day. It will keep overnight but the crust tends to get soft.
- Use this recipe all year long varying the type of fruit you use! From banana’s to kiwi’s, it loves them all!
- Brush with warmed apple or apricot jelly for a shiny fruit pizza if desired. (I skipped this step and it’s still pretty :).
Here are a few more easy desserts we hope you will love!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
4th of July Fruit Pizza
- 1 16.5 ounce store bought sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temp - regular or reduced fat will work
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries - sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- warmed apple or apricot jam - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 inch pizza pan with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Crumble cookie dough onto prepared pizza pan and press into shape with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are just turning brown and crust is cooked in the middle. COOL COMPLETELY.
- Combine cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookie crust.
- Place fresh fruit on top of cream cheese in a decorative fashion.
- Brush with warm apple or apricot jelly if desired.