These are the hubby’s favorite cookies ever! Fist pumping chocolaty goodness and of course, easy to prepare. These can be a bit sticky to get off the pan, if you have parchment paper or a silicone baking liner hanging around, use them! If not, make sure you give a good solid spray of non stick.
Do not bake until crispy, they are meant to be soft and chewy. A few handfuls of chopped pecans would be nice too.
- 8 ounce semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (packed) light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12-ounce) semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until almost melted; do not overheat. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets.Bake rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheets 10 minutes; with a thin metal spatula, transfer to racks to cool completely