These Mini Quiche in Wonton Wrappers are a great appetizer, breakfast, even a quick dinner with a side salad. They can be served warm or cold and pack up great for a picnic or for a totable snack!
Made in a muffin tin these tasty appetizers come together in a flash. We stuffed these with ham and cheese but you can add most anything you are craving. A great clean out the fridge meal!
Wonton wrappers are becoming a staple in my refrigerator. Ever since I whipped up a batch of our tasty Taco Cups I’ve been day dreaming about different ways I could use them. I store them in my freezer for when inspiration hits me!
There isn’t much to these mini quiche appetizers:
- Line each muffin tin with one wonton wrapper.
- Add a tablespoon of cheese.
- Top with a second wonton wrapper (two wrappers make it a much more sturdier snack!) and go in with your fillings.
- pour on the egg and cream mixture and in the oven for 20 minutes!
We used a mixture of eggs and heavy cream but you can substitute half and half (half cream and half milk).
Can I use milk instead of heavy cream or half and half?
- You can. Simply increase the eggs to 5 and use 1/4 cup milk.
After your wontons are full of your favorite things…pour on the egg mixture!
Bake these beauties up for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 and serve them up.
These can be served hot, cold or room temp and keep in your refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
What other kinda stuffings can I put in these Mini Quiche Wonton Appetizers?
- cooked crumbled sausage – any kind, chicken, pork, turkey
- peppers, all kinds! jalapeno, red, bell, roasted
- cheeses – feta, parm, any kind of firmer cheese (stay away from the softer cheese like havarti or cream so your quiche doesn’t get to oily)
- veggies! – broccoli, zucchini, onion to name a few. No need to precook the softer type veggie. If adding carrots or a firmer veggie you will want to soften them up a bit.
In a party mood? Check out these other popular appetizer recipes!
To appies and friends to share them with!
Â What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÂ connect with us on Instagram andÂ Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Â
These Mini Quiche in Wonton Wrappers are made in your muffin tin and bake up in no time! You can stuff them with anything you have hanging around and make great appetizers, cold or hot!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ham, finley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, finley chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half (half cream, half milk)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce such as Tabassco (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick spray
Press one wonton wrapper into each of 12 cups. Place about one tablespoon grated cheese in each cup.
Place a second wonton wrapper ontop of first wonton wrapper and grated cheese. Angle so corners are on opposite sides.
Layer ham, spinach and additional cheese.
In measuring cup with spout, scramble eggs with wire whisk. Add cream, dijon, hot sauce if desired, salt and pepper. Mix well until smooth.
Pour about two tablespoons of egg mixture into each cup moving it around a bit with your finger if necessary to get the egg mixture evenly spread in each cup. Fill to about 3/4 full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until puffy and baked through and wonton wrappers are nicely brown.
Cool for 10 minutes and remove. Serve hot, warm or chill for up to 4 days in the refridgerator.j
- Wonton wrappers can be found in the refrigerated section of your local grocer. Usually near the refrigerated pasta.
- If using milk in lieu of cream or half and half, increase eggs to 5 and use 1/4 cup milk.
- You can omit the dijon if preferred. It is a natural emulsifier and makes the egg and cream come together and adds a nice zip but is not necessary if you don't have it.